Thursday, May 9, 2013

#6 Dunbar Branch


4515 Dunbar St.

So I just moved house! To a completely different part of town, so now I have a new local library that's just a few blocks away! It was even one I'd never been to before, so it made sense that I'd check it out as soon as possible!

The branch itself is fairly small, but it still had some neat stuff in it. One of which were these bookmarks that I saw inside books in the teen section. I'd actually heard about these before, as I'm a member of the BC Library Association Readers Advisory Interest Group (BCLA RAIG, go acronyms!), and they were brought up in the last meeting. I thought they were a really neat way to encourage dialogue between library patrons without them having to actually talk to each other.


In this case the book is a volume of Dengeki Daisy, which  someone loves because of "The secret love of Teru and Daisy! Squeal!". Okay, so that's not a recommendation that I'm going to pay much attention to, but I'm generally going to ignore any of the Shojo Beat manga graphic novels anyway. Actually, I kind of want to read Honey and Clover, but that's about it.


Here's the other side of the bookmark, indicating that these are just for teen books (though the RAIG is discussing doing them for lots of different books in the library). I think it looks pretty good, though I probably would have aligned the text differently.

Have you encountered anything like this in a library? What did you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment